HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slug gun help needed!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 06:58 AM
survival shop

Default RE: Slug gun help needed!!!

I have been hearing a lot of rifled slug bbl's don't shoot well with the high velocity stuff , probably the twist rate of the bbl. . You already know to try diff.ammo in each individual gun , they all shoot diff..
Are you comparing a high powered rifle to a slug gun?

schobs
You can shoot rifled slug ammo if you have a slug bbl. ( smooth bore )or a improved choke bbl. and if you have a removable choke , you can use a rifled choke tube with sabot or rifled slugs. Sabots are for rifled bbl..Another problem you will find is sights , that bird bead just don't make it for slug gun hunting , although people do harvest deer with them. I prefer a scope , my eyes are not what they used to be.I have saddle mounted ( B Square ) ,scopes on both my 1100smooth boreslug bbl.w/ rifle sights & 870 mag. w/rifled choke tube. I have harvested deer @ 100 yds with bothusing rifled slugs .
I used to shoot slugs from my 28" VR ,mod. bbl .1100 and went to a slug smooth bore bbl. , I opened that mod. up a little , enough to have it cut to 24" and have a removable choke tube custom made for Turkey hunting .