HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who's getting psyched in New York?
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2007, 09:31 AM
Steve863
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who's getting psyched in New York?

I can't disagree with what you are saying. Many hunters complain about seeing less deer, and maybe it keeps some from hunting at all. I just can't figure it out. All I know is that the unit I hunt is supposed to have way less deer, but from my experience I can't say that its any less because I NEVER exactly had deer running me over where I've hunted. For me it's never been a sure thing that I would see ANY deer and I started hunting deer back in 1979. Maybe I am just a lousy hunter, eventhough I have only failed to kill a deer once in the last 20 seasons, but I have never seen the scores of deer that many swear up and down that they used to see compared to today. When it comes to hunters they tend to complain a bit too much from my experience. I don't know if this is just another instance where they are complaining and exagerating things a bit too much? Heck I remember in the early 70's before I even started to hunt it was a huge deal if one out of a group of five hunters got a deer. Today they complain when they ALL can't get to fill the several tags that they are given.