HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - rem .458/300/mmp orange sabot vs. deer #2+3
Old 11-09-2007, 06:59 AM
meh101465

Default rem .458/300/mmp orange sabot vs. deer #2+3

recently had the chance to try out the remington .458/300 gr with the orange mmp sabot results as follows

my second deer of the year was a doe at about 110 yds broadside , at the shot she walked off about 40 yds and went down

the bullet took her thruogh the ribs behind the shoulder , exited the other side with a hole the size of a silver dollar .

my third deer with this combo was a 175 lb buck , not much in the rack department but lots of meat.I shot him at around 50 yds in the neck where it joins the shoulder

he fell on the spot , the bullet was recovered about a foot and a half from the point of entry along the spine

the bullet mushroomed back just past the cannelure looks just like they do in all the books .

I am very pleased with this bullet sabot combo , the accuracy is great , and the performance on deer is great too.
this load is 2 50gr pyrodex pellets , 1 remington 300gr hp/.458 , and an mmp orange sabot . the sabot / bullet is hard to load , but worth the effort . i also use a remington primer

thanks again for allyour help guy's MIKE

[/align]