HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!
Old 11-06-2007, 03:28 PM
andy da animal
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!

I know im just 18 and have no kids but im just going to say this and be gone! i understand that i havent had to deal with any of these situations you guys are talking about nor have i had to punish a kid for there actions either!

that said i really think it depends on the hunting season. If its deer and gun season, i dont know where you are or how long your season is but slug season in illinois is 3 days then 4 days for second season! very short in my opinion! i never got the chance to hunt with my dad! he got cancer when i was 7! he promised to take me when i was 8! he said that when i was 3 and cried everytime he left for the woods without me! by the time i was 8 and deer season had come around he was to sick to even stand up without support! needless to say i never got to hunt with him!

the point of the story is that i wish every season that i could have gone out with him for deer season, and everytime i harvest a deer, or am gutting one i wish i had the chance to do this with him! i use his gun and knife, makes me feel close to him i guess. but all im trying to say is that you dont know what will happen in future years! take advantage of every chance you get to go with him! i wish i could have! if the season is short i wouldnt waste it by keeping him at home, HOWEVER im not saying to let his actions go unpunished! seems like hes got a real nac at shooting that .22 take that away from him, for a while! you can shoot it anytime you want!