HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scope or peep Renegade .54.?
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 01:21 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: scope or peep Renegade .54.?

ORIGINAL: Pioneer2

Are they currantly available from TC as they won't ship "a gun part" to Canada? I guess E-Bay won't sell gun parts either.Eventually a deer will step out I can see with the iron sights for now.Just finished grinding and wrapping moose burger..............Thanx Harold PS How did your shotgun project turn out?
Ihave a T/C peep sight around here I took off the tang of a Renegade. I repaced it with a 1X scope. This is the tang sight peep with the fill adjustments.

The shotgun has worked out real good. 80 grains of Goex 2f and 90 grains of #5 shot. I found that if I use the over the powder card, then an over the shot card, then shot then another over the shot card, I get the best groups. It shoots just a touch low and right at 25 yards, but nothing to get excited about.

I have been grouse hunting with it. I have managed to take two of them rockets so far. Missed one this morning in the snow storm. Actually I had a lot of flushes, but the ones that were "possible" shots, I am doing pretty well so far. I should have a few more as I caught one in a tree, but flushed him to give him a chance, then missed it. I should have just blasted him. Also I have taken a couple pine squirrels and sent them to rob that big bird feeder in the sky.