HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!
Old 11-06-2007, 09:54 AM
deerdad4

Default RE: Two weeks before gun season and my son is messing up in school!!

I am a father of 4 and this issue is always a struggle. I take my vacation from work for rifle season and the family camps while I, and the boys, hunt. this is a once a year thing.

Because of that I would not want to use hunting as a punishment. its once a year. My kids play sports and are involved in other activities, and it is those privledges that I remove based on behavior/grades, etc. Act up in school you sit the bench during the first half of the game on Sat. act up again you sit the bench the whole game. still have behavior issues you will loose other privledges.

My kids dont hunt the opening weekend anyway, they hunt the during the week because of hunting on Public land and the crowds on the weekends.

Bottom line, your kids have to know there will be punishment for their actions/behavior and you as parents are the only ones who have to decide what those consequences are, regardless of what others think or say!