HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm sick to my stomach and tired as h*ll
Old 11-02-2007, 05:30 PM
Scott/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm sick to my stomach and tired as h*ll

More on the hit as I didn't really describe to much about it. He was stopped perfectly broadside at what I ended up ranging at 36 yards. I split him into 2 halves, and the arrow hit back and in the upper half. The arrow was still in the rib cage and looked like it was under the spind.

I've been pouring over anatomy diagrams, topo maps, and replaying everything in my head.

This is the 2nd buck I have not made a good hit on in under a week. Last Saturday I put a bad hit on a 140 class 10 pointer. From that hit though, I at least knew that buck was most likely going to survive another day. I am almost certain that this buck is already dead, or close to it.

My stomach has a huge knot in it, and I'm not even sure If I will be able to climb into a treestand to bow hunt again this year after all of this. I'm better than this. I can sit out and fling arrows at the block all day long, but when a buck walks out in front of me I lose it.