HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ok guys heres the story!!UPDATED W/Picture!!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM
twildasin
Nontypical Buck

Default Ok guys heres the story!!UPDATED W/Picture!!

It was a beautiful morning! I got into my stand around 620am. I saw my 1st deer around 710am. Then as the deer walked away from me not knowing what it was I had a beautiful fox come in for a nap beside my tree. SO as I am watching the fox I decided to use my can for a little. When I hit that he (the fox) hit the road!
8am I see movement 80 yards away in the small creek. Then it dissapears, only to show up again walking up the hill along the cow pasture...its a buck not big but a buck! He just minds his own business walking away from me and I hit the can a few more times! He does not aknowledge me at all.
I was hoping he was gonna circle me and come back! Well at 830 out of nowhere he is rubbing a tree 30 yards in front of me! He finishes up on the tree and starts walking downhill directly on a trail 10 yards beside my stand. As he gets closer I notice his unusual unicorn horn on his head.
So being this is my daughters 1st year hunting I am trying to tag out so I can concentrate on getting her out alot in gun season! As he closes the distance quartering to me I draw and wait for him to get to my lane and give him a soft grunt. He stops and I let him have hit bottom of the lungs and top of the heart. He runs 40 yards down the hill to the creek stands there for 30 seconds...and falls over! Wait he gets up and takes off like 5 yards and then he expires.
He is by far the biggest deer I ever shot but meat in the freezer and now I can get my does and be done. I can not wait to spend time in the woods with my daughter know I can totally concentrate on her! Thanks for reading guys&sorry it took so long small buck for being such a TEASE..I know! SORRY!
Tim