HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 06:35 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#

ORIGINAL: davepjr71

big,

Here's the problem. You say I'm pushing 70# bows? Aren't you all pushing 60# or less bows? I'm not promoting anything. I'm just giving my point of view on the subject. I'm the first one to speak up because I've been shooting heavy bows for a long time without incident. I also know a bunch of people that do the same. Aren't I allowed to respond to why I think 70#'s is better or only the guys that like lighter shooting bows allowed to speak up?
Sure you are, but I think our reason for pushing is entirely different. Mine reason is because I know what can happen, and sure don't want that happen to someone else. Yours reasons are well obvious I think. You say working out helps this or that. I show it may or may not. Accidents happen at any gym. No matter what the workout. Sooner or later, you will hurt yourself, no matter if your doing 5 sets of10 of 120lbs, or if your doing 3 sets of 3 250lbs.Proof is in the pudding.

I currently don't have a 60lb bow, but plan on changing that in the next few years. I own 3 compounds, and 3 trad bows. All compounds are 70lb bows. And trads range from 40lb to 55lbs. I guarantee you I could hit with a 60lb bow at 60yards just as easy.