HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 05:11 AM
MDBUCKHUNTER

Default RE: Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#

I believe you should hunt with a bow that has as much poundage as you can comfortably and safely handle. If that means 40lbs or 95lbs...so be it. This topic is all about personnal preference. Absolutely nobody can tell me or anyone else what poundage of bow to use.

Low poundage bows can typically be held longer.

High poundage bows have better arrow performance.

Find out what turns you on the most and go for it.

The biggest myth that I would like to kill right here and now is injuries due to higher poundage bows. Just because you shoot at 70lbs, doesn't mean you are going to injure yourself or have rotator cuff problems. There is proper form for drawing a bow just like there is proper form forholding a bow for the shot. Learn proper techniques and know your physical limitations. Too many old farts come on this site and complain about injuries due to their bow. Well, if you learned how to properly draw the bow in the first place and listened to your body when it was growning on the draw....then you could have avoided such injuries.

Lets all usea little common sense and stop preaching to these younger hunters what they should be using because YOU are using it.