HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 06:40 PM
davepjr71
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I get a 50-60# or 60-70#

okiejaco,
Good luck with your new bow and have fun shooting.

This topic usually brings up a debate and being the only onethat posted on this threadthat I know shoots over 70#'s I'm going to weigh in on this some more.

I've been shooting over 60#'s since I was 18 yrs old and have 0 shoulder problems from shooting. I've even dislocated my right shoulder and injured my left shoulder while playing basketball and when shooting my bow at 73#'s it does not bother me a bit. Why, because I also work out a few days a week or at least when possible.

I have no doubt that there are a lot of people with shoulder injuries from shooting. The draw cycles were harsh and even 55# bows were nasty. The let-off wasterrible and if you had to let down a bow it just about janked your shoulder out of the socket. That's just not the case anymore.

If people would spend a few hours a week working out instead of that time shooting they'd be thanking themselves down the road. Besides the benefits it gives you while hunting and shooting archery your body will thank you when you get older. If you have time to shoot your bow 5 times a week you have time to work out too. Even if you shoot at 50#'s more people should be doing this.