HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Customers Broadheads wont fly for crap
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 04:34 AM
PABuck_HNTR
Host of Hosts

Default Customers Broadheads wont fly for crap

I was at the pro-shop yesterday and the owner has been working on a bow for a guy that won't shoot his Muzzy's. Anyway We paper tuned the bow for bullet holes with field points. Then the owner and I shot the muzzy's at 20 yards and he was shooting pretty good. So the customer comes in and goes out back and shoots 4 arrows with field tips in a 2 inch circle at 20 yards and then the same at 30 yards. So it's time for broadhaeds. He draws back at 20 yards and misses off the edge of the target. OK shooter error. He tries again. Hits way low and right. Shoots again...2 inches high. After shooting about 10 times and hitting all over the target. We decide to try another broad head ( Fuse Mechanical) hit dead center just above rdot. Alright we thought that did it. NOPE next 3 shots all over the place. We proceeded for another hour trying various broadheads and the owner of the shop shooting thebow as well. He shot it much better than did the customer, but it was still not consistent. By the way we tried various arrows as well.

Question is coulda whisker bisquithave an bigger effect on the customers shooting form than did his prong rest and cause thatmuch of a change in his arrow flight? I shot his arrows andthey flew great out of my Guardian. The shop owner and myself were watching him shoot, but didn't notice any real bad shooting flaws, but its sometimes hard to tell if someone is torqeuing the bow, but then again why is shooting well with field tips and not broadheads.? I just don't get it. Could the bow have a flap spot in the bearings or bushings that we couldn't feel? I don't know. That's why I'm asking some real pros.....