HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 10:04 AM
loogout1
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit inaccuracy!

Uhhh, ok.
ORIGINAL: Rick James

ORIGINAL: loogout1

Unless your form is perfect or at least very very consistent, no tork, good follow through etc., the whisker biscuit will magnify any problems you might have. This happens because the arrow is in contact with the wb for the entire length of the arrow. Any slight movement before the arrow clears the rest will affect its trajectory. With a drop away, once you let the string go, the arrow is on its way unimpeded. I shot a wb for years and loved it, but once I switched to a drop away my groupstightened big time and that was that.
Your arrow is still attached to the string even if the rest has dropped. This still will affect the arrows flight if you tweak the bow somehow.......with or without rest contact during the shot execution that string can and will move. Add in the fact that the string is much further than the pivot point (grip) any movement will be exaggerated by the string as compared to the rest (simple lever principle).

Add in the fact that 99% of dropaways are setup so they drop in the last 1/2" to 3/4" of the draw cycle........and if you video tape 50 shots from the average shooter they are going to creep anywhere from 1/16 to 1/4" on probably 25%+ of their shots without even knowing it. Knowing this creep happens to even world class shooters, is more common when hunting conditions often prevent you from perfect shooting form, and that it makes the rest move.......how does this affect your arrow on that drop away that moves the last 1/2" of the draw cycle when you creep?

If you noticed an improvement in your shooting when going to adropaway from a biscuit it was purely the mental side of the game because you had convinced yourself that you have found the solution. [8D]