Old 10-19-2007, 03:47 AM
farmcntry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting show gripe

ORIGINAL: SJAdventures

ORIGINAL: farmcntry

ORIGINAL: Marko B

Shooting at skylighted stuff...

You don't know the situation. In some cases it is perfectly fine to shoot animals like that... If you know your surroundings...

Granted... Probably not in New Jersey where the Hunter/acre is probably greater than deer/acre but not everyone hunts there.
I disagree. Your shooting upward towards an animal without truely knowing the background. If you miss or the bullet passes through it could go a long ways before returning to the earth.

You could be in Montana on a 40,000 acre ranch and it just so happens that just that one day the rancher decides to ride out and take a look at the land. He spots the same buck and is just watching.
It's just very unsafe.
Really then you shouldn't never shoot without some kind of berm or hill directly behind and not very far behind your target. Even if it is not skylined you can shoot at a target and have the bullet skip once off of flat ground and it will be just as outof control as it would have been if you shot at a target that was skylined. I have talked to Will Primos and I guarantee you if you call him he will discuss it with you.
Give me his #, I'd be happy to call him.
And you shouldn't shoot without knowing what's behind your target.