HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Educated Elk
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Educated Elk

Good hearing from ya Hillbillie, and yes you and BJ both know where I'm at and know how the bulls react. Lets plan a trip next year.
Clinty, trust me, in most cases, I would work my way to the bull one way or another and if nothing esle push him or piss him off for a confrontation, but the willows are so freakin thick that a shot is impossible and they'ed just stayed in the thicket. I'm talking about thicker than thick.On a couple occasions a bull would be screaming around me during the evening and when I went back for the morning hunt, that bull(s) had not moved at all, it appeared. The freakin things would just hang up and I kept on thinking they'd work there way in along the fringes for me to get a shot. Dang it, my hair was standing on my neck they were so close thinking they'd step out. You know your close when you can smell em.
Hi ya Nut, yes I thought about what you would do in these ciricumstances. I left last sunday 9/30/07 and the small bulls were just starting to try to acquire there harems. This would be the time to go is now. Get your butt over here next year and show me how to do it.
BJ, I got it in writeing now that you owe me a dang beer, keep it on ice for me and we'll hook up and swap stories and sling an arrow or two.

Bobby