HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tree Stands. Can't shoot the deer on the other side
Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Tree Stands. Can't shoot the deer on the other side

For some reason I think the opening post in this thread is a prelude for an infomercial on a tree sling or something. Honestly, if you can't shoot a deer on the other side of the tree without spooking it... you're probably doing a lot of things wrong. I've shot them behind the tree, all around the tree and under the stand. It's the hunter grasshopper, not the fault of the stand. The addition of a full body safety harness to my inventoryhas made it more difficult... but it can be done. You just have to be careful. Stand placement can resolve most such problems. If you're not shooting deer where you expect to shoot them you're not planning right. Oh yes, there will be exceptions...but that's what they should be, exceptions. Every stand should be placed with deer patterns, wind, sun, which hand you shoot withand whatever determining where best to put it. Move WARY WAry CAREFOOOLY... we ain't huntin' Wabbits.