HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Problem Hunter in Quality Deer Managment
Old 10-02-2007, 05:59 AM
eatsleephunt
Fork Horn

Default RE: Problem Hunter in Quality Deer Managment

ORIGINAL: Steve F.in MD

Sounds like you should have talked to your Grandmother first and explained the situation. Sending out a newsletter without consulting her first may be what REALLY offended her more than the QDM ideas you have put forward. I'm just sayin'.
That's pretty much how I see it too. Your grandmother is your elder, as well as your fathers' elder, and should be respected as such. Particularly in the case of her own property, and how that property in managed or used within the family.

I had a similar situation with my own grandmother's property in Illinois when I was younger, although I didn't have to worry so much about others shooting little bucks on the property. It was the neighbors on all sides of us that didn't care what they shot. Talk about a tough deal. We had 320 acres, but you didn't dare hunt it very hard or those big bucks you struggled to keep alive for 3-5 years would get whacked in a hurry.

Your situation seems much better to me, with maybe one small buck a year or so shot...what's the big deal? Your cousin will soon want a big buck, and he'll realize that the only way to do that is not to shoot the little ones.