HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Went to the sporting goods store today
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 01:04 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: Went to the sporting goods store today

X-150 is on sight for 50 yards! 110 grains pyrodex p and a 300 grain XTP. #1 shot was my fault, i went and flinched[&o] # 2 and #3 were perfect! I also shot the cva staghorn with 90 grains pyrodex p and it shot pretty good but after seeing the groups from the staghorn, the next outing i will up it to 110 grains pyrodex p and call it quits there. Shots 2 and 3 were at 50 yards with the staghorn. Also unloaded my .54 cva big bore mountain rifle that was loaded for over a week in rainy weather and it fired off perfectly and was dead center and 3" high. Exactly where she should be!

Im pretty much set on keeping the x-150 right there, although i may try 120 grains pyro p and see what happens to the groups. Pretty good for never having any real sabot/bullet combo experience with this rifle It was also cheaper than buying 2 boxes of great plains conicals.

The sabots also loaded a lot easier with the pyrodex p and slipped down fairly easier than when i used triple 7.