HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - N.Y.-update-buddy ticketed for son's deer
Old 02-11-2003, 11:42 AM
Warren
Fork Horn

Default N.Y.-update-buddy ticketed for son's deer

last Nov. I told you about my co-worker transporting his son's deer without the proper consignment. His son shot the doe on opening day and left camp the next day to go back to work. On Wednesday my co-worker and 2 others drove home and were stopped at a deer check. The guy's son propery filled out the doe tag and then signed the bottom thinking he was giving his dad permission to transport the deer home. The D.E.C. officer said that they needed an additional tag from the son giving the father permission. So he ticketed the father.
Well in court my co-worker explained his case and also said that he was not the owner nor the driver of the vehicle that was transporting the deer. It was his brother-in-law who was the driver and owner. The DEC officer asked the judge to pospone the case because it seems that he ticketed the wrong person. My co-worker did not want to drag his brother-in-law into this so he asked to talk to the officer. They came to an agreement and the co-worker pled guilty and his hunting and fishing license was put on probation for 5 years. If they charged the brother-in-law I think he would have been fined $250.
Make sure you read the rule book.