HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 11:54 AM
chainsawlaskowski

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

It is really a shame that the fees are turning hunting into a "rich mans" sport. Many States are over $400.00 for a non-resident deer tag, if you are even lucky enough to draw one. Sheep tags- forget it! I live in Wisconsin and we are still reasonable for non-resident deer license. ($160.00 for either archery or gun). I keep hearing that our young people aren't going hunting anymore. These high fees don't help! I have heard of some States that charge non-residents whatever fee that their home State charges for non-residents. I would like to see Wisconsin adopt this policy if the other States don't lower their fees. Maybe then, hunters from Iowa and Illinois etc. would pressure their States to lower their fees. It's getting hard enough to find a place to hunt. With the fees going up all the time it's no wonder that a lot of people don't get into hunting. I know some well-to-do folks think that's great because there will be less competetion in the woods. However, the less hunters out there, the less lobbying power we all have. There are enough people out there against us already, we need all the support we can get! Jeff Laskowski