HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nikon or Bushnell
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 06:46 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Nikon or Bushnell

ORIGINAL: stalkingbear

I have a thing against bushnell due to POOR customer relations/service.
I have to agree here. I feel the 4200's are excellent scopes. With clarity and back reflection just as good as VXIII's. But they don't have a rock solid warranty after that year is up. Its a grey area. I have pushed the 3200 and 4200 line for a few years now. But will warn people, if your putting the scope on a iffy gun, get a scope with a better warranty. For example. I have a 3200 2-6 on my 460 Smith pistol. This gun and the 500notoriously is demolishing scopes. No matter what brand. Its really not the scopes fault. Recoil is brutal. I know freinds who got 1500-2000 rounds out of the scope and they are falling apart. They send in thier Leupold and its fixed, no questions asked. But I already see cut marks in my 3200 on the bottom from the upward force of the gun. I know when the time comes, they will look at that, and not warranty it like Nikon or Leupold. But thats the price of a cheaper scope.

Leupold, and Warne, and other scope manufactures are telling people to mount the scope so the front ring is against the center portion of the scope to keep it from moving. I don't like that.