Old 09-03-2007, 09:04 PM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Cool Video! 74 yd. shot on a bear

ORIGINAL: Chris_H

ORIGINAL: m00sedrool

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

ORIGINAL: James Vee

Am I the only one that wants to give this dude a high five and tell him great shot on a great bear? Job well done, bear rug on the way!
Marginal shot or not you're right he got the job done. At least he admitted it was a marginal shot. How often do you see a marginal shot on TV and the guy brags on what a great shot it was! At least he fessed-up. I won't shoot past 30 but thats me you gotta know your own limitations!
Job well done? Who knows how long that bear suffered and how far it went after being gut shot. Again...I'm betting without dogs, he goeshome empty handed. Just because the end result is a dead bear doesn't make it a good job in my book. And as far as admitting it was a marginal hit....hello...you took a ridiculously long shot and hoped it would make contact somewhere. You can disagree all you want, but that's just irresponsible on his part.
Agreed James Vee and Andy. Like I said before, if you can make a 74 yard shot, then why not do it? And hell, moosedrool, it killed the bear. Do you know what bears can take? Have you ever read "The Great Alaskan Bear Tales" by Larry Kanuit? Bears can take multiple shots to the heart and skull and continue to live with calibers like .375 H&H. Of course, the bears adrenalin is pumping and the bears were furious... But the thing I'm trying to get at here is that there is nothing wrong with a gut shot. Nothing at all. In some people opinion, a gut shot is better than a heart shot because the heart cannot pump blood after being shot, therefore, a smaller blood trail. Definitely not irresponsible. Hell... for all you know, this guy could be the "Babe Ruth" of bowhunting. He killed the bear. Done deal. If you're experience enough to do it, then by god be an over achiever.

Excellent shot for 74 yards!
He OBVIOUSLY wasn't good enough to take the shot and again, HAD the animal (bear) not moved the shot would have been worse! LUCK, PURE LUCK it turned out the way it did.

I'd bet the truth of the matter is they would have NEVER found that bear without the dogs....PATHETIC shot! Let's all take HAIL MARY shots, who cares if we hit the deer in the guts, the dogs will find them.

PATHETIC!

And in the words of Forest Gump. "And that's all I have to say about that. "