HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ban Toy Guns??
Thread: Ban Toy Guns??
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2003, 09:45 AM
Goodguy

Default Ban Toy Guns??

Quote from the New York Daily News
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>The sale of realistic black or silvery toy guns have been illegal in New York since 1999. The (proposed) new legislation would add all real- looking plastic guns of any color, since youths often spray-paint or tape over brightly colored pistols to achieve the same authentic look<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I guess apart from attempting to remove authentic looking fake guns from the hands of would-be criminals, this legislation would also effectively take away toy guns and stop children from playing with them. Is this good? Or should kids be permitted to play with toy guns so as not to create a mystique about guns and to learn and appreciate the difference between a toy gun and a real one. I grew up playing with toy guns. I also learned early on that my father's hunting rifles and service revolver were not toys. No doubt a fake authentic looking gun in the hands of a criminal is not desirable so should they be banned altogether or is New York going overboard with this proposed legislation? And where does it go from here? What's next? gg.

&quot;The older a man gets, the farther he had to walk to school as a boy&quot;