HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to convince fellow hunters antler restrictions work?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
LightningTim

Default How to convince fellow hunters antler restrictions work?

Ok I normally hunt with my father, our neighbor and a friend of ours.

Myself and our friend are the kind of guys who will hold out and hunt for that big boy, we are the 2 who spend the off season scouting, and we hunt the thicker harder to get to areas...

Where as my father and our neighbor (know it alls) hunt the easy to get to places which are usually only escape routes for deer. So when the deer start running on heavy pressure days...they blast at anything that comes by.

We hunt an area that has potential to produce monster bucks but when they take out 6-8 spikes and 4-pts a year...the big ones are few and far between. I have taken two medium sized 8's on that property in the last 4 years. The area has so much food that I think one year of AR's would make a big difference in the average rack size.

They just keep saying they are out there to have fun and as long as everyone kills then its a good day, sooner or later they will get a big one sneaking thru. This really makes me mad and I can not get them to change their mindset at all. It makes us look bad and sound like a bunch of toothless rednecks who are only out to slaughter anything that moves.