HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - whats the best buy camera???
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 AM
cybersniper
Fork Horn

Default RE: whats the best buy camera???

Some things peopleneed to think about when purchasing a camera is battery life, picture quality, speed, and delay settings.

People rave about the Cuddeback back usually fail to mention the shortest delay between pictures is 1 minute. How often is the big buck the first deer? very rarely! The fist deer is usually a doe or a younger buck. With a 1 minute delay, the deer is past and the camera missed the picture.

What people lose with the lower priced units are battery life and speed. Again, do you really save money when you have to change batteries every week? Most of the lower price cameras will also miss deer because of a very slow trigger speed. Sometimes these speeds are 6-10 seconds, which make it hard to capture good photos of deer on trails.

Picture quality also suffers, but that's the least of my worries. I just want to see what is out there, I don't need to frame it.

I also prefer the units where I can remove my camera from the unit during the off season, or after harvesting game to take photos. This also helps when convincing your spouse the unit is a "great deal" because the family need a digital cam anyway.

The picture was reduced to 76k

Cybersniper