HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - big buck tactics
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:33 PM
robbcayman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: big buck tactics

ORIGINAL: foxracerx74

yes ive been hunting that property for yeaRS NOW ITS JUST THAT BUCK IS NEVER OUT SDURING THE DAY...baiting is illegal in my state of new york so i cannot use bait to try and get him to come throughi have an idea awhere i think he hangs out...well where most of the buck activity is with the most scrapes and rubs...im hoping to really pinpoint where he hangs out all day this year and try to get him in within bow range...thats plenty of other deer around just this year im really setting my sites on him...i have one of his sheds that he dropped last winter crossing my yard during the night...hopefully i can really find out where hes been hangin out thios year and maybe get him in close...ive seen him from a distance but never close
You could get a trail camera and put it near where you suspect he is at. Then come back in a few weeks to get it and actually see what time he is moving. This way, if he is moving at dusk or dawn maybe both you can take him. I am reading a book and the author states there is no such thing as an all nocturnal buck. Hence, he is moving at some time and you need to figure out when, and the camera is a good solution IMHO.