HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 12:54 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

If you don't like the prices don't go or if you want to hunt a certain state.........then move there. Then you will have resident privledges.

This bill can really open up a can of worms. If the states loose control...........where does it all end???? The anti's from other states could just get together and go to the federal goverment and say "no hunting on federal land in MT" BOOM!!! It's done.

Again I'll say this.........KEEP THE FEDERAL GOVERMENT OUT OF A STATES RIGHT TO MANAGE GAME!!!!
Exactly. You guys don't know what you're asking for.

TN, for $120 in VA you can purchase a NonRes Sportsman's license and that includes Rifle, Muzzle loader, Archery, Crossbow, big game, small game and a fishing license. You can shoot and reel until you need a chiropractor for $120. And as for no Fed Land in the east, VA has over 2.5 million acres of National Forests called the George Washington NF and the Thomas Jefferson National Forest.
As for Florida's non-resident rates, I think they are pretty fair ( http://myfwc.com/license/) as opposed to hunting in a state like Wyoming, for example,forMountain Goats, Elk, Moose, etc. ( http://gf.state.wy.us/fiscal/license/index.asp)
Rediculous to compare VA or FL to WY. It's a matter of scale. Scale of the land and animals that are managed. Anyone who thinks they are similar has not been West, I'd bet. If they have then they must know "inside" how foolish that sounds.

How about VA, MD and DC start charging everyone from out west $500 to visit all of the Fed. Monuments and parks here in our area? What would all of the tourists say? NOT FAIR, I pay for those! That is what they would say. Just make this a little more fair. Don't ask for $755 for an Elk tag for Non-Res and $50 for a Resident.
Wow!! Are you hunting Elk in the Washigton Monument??? We're not talking about visiting public land (actaully I bet it costs more to "visit" the Washington Monument than it does Bighorn National Forest.) We're talking about hunting animals that belong to the each individual state.

As was said above, if you guys want to cry about lower license prices, then move to whatever state you want to predominantly hunt in. You probably will experience a substantial economic impact to you own earning power but the tradeoff for awesome wilderness may well be worth it.

Bottom line is that control of hunting is and should be a state issue according to the U.S.Constitution and although others have tried to supplant the authority of the states before, they lost, and hopefully this bill will loseas well.