HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 24-Official Team 24/7 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 PM
AK NIMROD
Typical Buck

Default RE: 24-Official Team 24 Thread

AK NIMROD CHECKING IN !!!
Sorry to check in late i thought the selection for teams was not until 1 sept. must have mis read info. i'm tickled to be party of the team. sounds fine to me for MD to be team captain. i have a big season planned.
i'm 58 yrs old, live and work in Alaska, took my first two WT last year with my bow. lot of time spent trying to break the ice. Jan. i was on an antlerless hunt i SD and shot a little button buck.....no head gear showing. [:@]then i hunted late season Colo. eastern plains skunked and then SE OKLA. arrowed a hen turkey about day5, morning and next afternoon shot a very nice 14 point buck.main frame 10. I have taken fair amount of Alaska game 3 moose, 4 black bear, 2 caribou and 10-12 blacktail sitka deer with bow plus few others with smoking stick.
i hunt with both recurve and compound...black widow and mathews
prefer recurve and will useit the most this fall.
i work 2 weeks on and two weeks off. well with vacation i'm off 6 weeks work 2 then another 6 off.lots of play time!
get off in 3 days. in 6days i will start a 2 day drive to north slope haul road to bow hunt Caribou for 5 days then early sept will be driving to America. will hunt WT in Alberta 3-4 days then on to Colo. visit my daughter and then to SW Colo. to hunt up to 9 days for mule deer. then back fly to work 2 weeks. then to OK to medical meeting and then 2 weeks in WIS. then back to daughters in Denver then head NORTH TO ALASKA, stopping for 4-5 days in Alberta to hunt again...if i did not fill my tag the first trip.
long winded run down of saying i have a good chance of getting a good animal. first hunt in alberta will be just for big one. because i will hit early rut the second trip.
happy to be part of the team. LETS WIN THIS THING !
Pat McCabe