HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For those that don't think location or numbers matter
Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

ORIGINAL: springcaller

Don't forget about all the feeding either, they associate human scent with food. Do they have anything to be scared of if a human is feeding them and not shooting at them. It's a pretty easy concept and it's a 100% true unless the deer has hunting pressure (slugs wizzing by)
I see your point, but I have seen some deer that are absolutely wired in areas that have relatively little pressure. I can't explain it, but it's true. Also, I live in suburbia and there are plenty of areas that can't be hunted and the deer will stand 25 yards away feeding and paying you no attention while you're out cutting the grass or washing the car. However, you step 1 foot inside the wood line and they're gone. That's instinct, and I don't believe deer lose that unless they're penned.

They are born with 100" racks here, bet you guys didn't know that! No such thing as a button buck, so you better not come here atlas.
Wow, I feel real sorry for the does in your area giving birth to deer with 100" of antler. OUCH!