HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - For those that don't think location or numbers matter
Old 08-10-2007, 12:42 AM
springcaller

Default RE: For those that don't think location or numbers matter

not if they have no reason to be. If there able to move anytime they feel like without the scare of being shot. I do understand were your coming from and I agree to a point. I have seen very old deer moving when they shouldn't have been. I think they were moving b/c they were comfortable with were they were and had no reason to be scared. I think deer get used to seeing, smelling and hearing humans. I a human doesn't pose a threat to them then they have no reason to hide in the darkness. A deer that has smelled a human since birth and never been shot at or scared off by a human doesn't know they should be scared. I have been in the woods before were the deer had never seen a human. They would actually come to you to see what you were. Not that a 3 yr old deer would do that but I do think they can get comfortable in a calm invironment. Most managed properties are pretty calm, if there not your not doing it right. Only my .02 happy hunting