HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Reduction of out-of-state fees
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 11:58 AM
spuddog
Fork Horn

Default RE: Reduction of out-of-state fees

I'm not the most savy on these issues so forgive my ignorance, but it seems that access to land is one issue and access to animals is another. I know that the Fed Gov oversees federal land but I think the maintenance of the herd and animal life is usually left to the states. I'm not opposed to it, but I think that the states should be left to manage the animals and that the rights of those living with in the state should not be diminished by granting lower cost tags to those who don't. We are a republic after all. Whether I live in CO, AZ, NM or any other state, i wouldn't want to be crowded out by folks from out of state. It's tough enough to find good public land to hunt with just the population booms the western states have experienced. Another thought, at face value this seems like it would be a victory for the little guy, for example I might be able to afford to hunt with my brother down in AZ or my other bro in CA, but I'd want to make sure that it doesn't tip the scale too far for the elitest. We definitely have a trend of hunting changing from an "everybody" activity to those who can afford it activity. I'd like to know fully how this would affect that trend before I cast my vote.

spud