HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Being prepared for tracking.....
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 12:55 AM
HUNGAR
Fork Horn

Default RE: Being prepared for tracking.....

ORIGINAL: mauser06

time. do you work the next morning?? are you able to call off or go in late?? other obligations?? never know what hes going to duck the arrow or you will shoot the wrong yardage or pull the shot etc etc....
This should be high lighted since it seems to be often over looked, great example of a "little" thing that issometimes over looked. I know everyone wants a short and easy blood trail, but it isn't always the case and you might need more time than you've alloted for.

I swear I have a flashlight fetish, I carry atleast a dozen lights in my tub. I have 2 rechargable spotters, 2 Cabelas head lamps, a 3 cell surefire (small and scary bright), a 2 D cell mag, a 3 D cell mag, a mix of atleast 6 AA and AAA mini mags, a new LED 3 AAA from Wally world that is pretty bright and a few others that I have amassed over the years.

I use that smaller mags for getting through the woods, when I track I go get a couple fresh battery mini mags, a spotter, the surefire and a headlamp. I use the smaller lights and head lamp when I am down and dirty focusing. When I stand up, need a break or think the deer is close I will use the surefire or spotter to light up the area.

Wow, this thread got me excited for the season.

Chris