HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big Name guys...
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 10:16 PM
goos_blues
Fork Horn

Default RE: Big Name guys...

ORIGINAL: iamyourhuckleberry

GB, that's a pretty big generalization don't you think? Are you telling me you couldn't learnanything from Craig Boddington, Jim Zumbo, Chuck Adams, Jim Shockey, Gary Bogner, Cindy Garrision? These folks have forgotten hunts you and I will only dream of.
I don't really think so, in my particular case anyway. Most of the Professionals of today, hunt with a guide 90% of the time ontheir tv shows. The truth is anyone could do that. These people probably haven't had to do anything for themselves since they became famous. I honestly believe; you, me or most of todays hunters could do just as well hunting with outfitters. Don't get me wrong I would love to go on a hunt with Jim Shockey and I believe he is the best at what he does. However, Shockey's hunting isnt the type of hunting I will ever probably experience. Hunting Moose, caribou, or black bears in Canada aren't things I will probably ever have the fundsto go after. Jim, Boddington, Cindy Garrison, etc.. Hunt alot in africa too. No doubt they could tell me something about Africa, but I don't have any interest in hunting Africa either. Now, if I was to talk to professionals about traveling to hunting locations, I would be all ears. As for deer, waterfowl, upland, and predatro hunting; I would rather listen to the experienced average joe.Mainly, because the average joe earns his success.