HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cut on contact broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 03:06 PM
game4lunch

Default RE: cut on contact broadheads

Not you (probably). 3 - 4" at what distance? The thing you need to establish is a 3 arrow pattern. All 3 field points at 20 yds vs. all 3 Montec's at 20 yards. Having established there IS a pattern, most archers have to retune theirbowevery year to adjust for the difference between BH and FP shots.
There are guys on here (and I bow to their prowess . . . "I'm not worthy!")
that will tell you a BH should shoot the same as your FP on a properly tuned bow. I never could. Had to reset my sights every season from FP's to BH's. Even scored my sights so I could quickly go to one or the other.

BUT! I just bought some Slick Tricks (NOT a commercial) and to my amazement . . . truly did shoot exactly where my FP's shot. FP's and ST's patterned within a 2" circle at 30 yards! I still can't believe it. I have to go out back every few hours or so and shoot again just to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

I have to use different dots on target so I don't cut the fletches they shoot so good. I've gone through Thunderheads, Magnus 2-blade, Nap Crossfires and even tried the NAP Spitfires (they shot very good, but don't like mechanicals). Always ended up retuning my bow. Not any more.