HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The ad asks "How many hunters do you see?
Old 07-27-2007, 06:58 PM
Dunezilla

Default RE: The ad asks "How many hunters do you see?

I agree with both of you that scent killer or scent blocker isone of themain keys to getting real close to the deer, the other key is UV killer or UV blocker. Oh and make as little movement as possible. Deer can see 310 degrees, so I would think that if you can sneak up on the deer from the rear then you may go un-detected.

You never really know what a deer will do when it sees you. I remember back in Nov.2003 walking down a deer trail along with my nephew, and as we were walking along a nice good size doe was walking right beside us, just 5 feet way...holy cow I thought to myself. Well I bagged all my deer already and my nephew was the only one who could shoot it...but it caught us off gaurd and now it picked up speed...and well she lived. Whats even more funny is that my nephew where's shorts while out hunting on a nice fall day.He putshis scent blocker or killer on, and a black wind breaker, with no camo pattern and bang he bags his deer.