HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The ad asks "How many hunters do you see?
Old 07-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Dunezilla

Default The ad asks "How many hunters do you see?

"Do deer see the world as we see it?" This is a question worth pondering.

Another question worth pondering is.... "How can hunters wishing to get close to deer, wear bright orange and have deer walk by them at very close distances?"

Yet another good question is....are we falling for all these sale gimmics, Such as "Buy our colour or patteren of camo for it works the best" They want you to feel that thier camo well have the same appearance to a deer that it has to a human." How many hunting madizines have you read which asked the question...."How many hunters do you see in this picture?"

"How many hunters do you see in this picture?".....I ask who gives a flip about how many hunters we see in the picture....where looking at the picture through our eyes and not the eyes of a deer, or any animal for that matter.

They question these manufacturers should be asking is...."How many hunters does the deer see in this picture" or any other animal. That is the most important of all questions.

Are we spending way to much money these days on camo clothing, do we need all this fancy stuff? Are the deer really that smart? Man some magizines make deer to be some super creature, while they make us look weak. Think about it how didour fore fathers for many,many, many years hunt without camo? All they had was a plaid coat and some brown pants on while out hunting and guess what they killed deer and other animals too. For 20 years I hunted in a green coat (pine colour) and blue jeans or blue coveralls....which is a no.no because deer see blue or ultra violet, yet even then I got real close to the deer or they got close to me. Heck on a number of occassions while hunting in blue I had deer stop straight in front of me and stare at me,... well they ended up beingtable meat for my familly and I. If were going to buy camo patterns or a blaze orange coats then get the ones that are UV treated and have the scent loc logo.

Remember in the eyes of a deercolours such as green, yellow, orange, red and brown are all as shades of yellow in thier eyes.Thanks to the fact that they have no red cones.

So the truth is, that it does not matter ..."how many hunters we see in the picture"...it only matters what the deer see, and deer do not see the world the way we see it.