HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Federal Powershoks for deer
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 08:43 AM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default Federal Powershoks for deer

Hey Y'all,

I'm going to be on a little bit of a tight budget this deer season, with probably less than $200, I had originally planned on expirementing with different hunting ammo this season, but I don't think I'll have the money, or time to do so, since I need to get a good pair of hunting pants.
But of course, I still need ammo, I know that Federal Powershoks shoot excellently, probably better than what little else I've tried, but I always just thought of themas cheap target rounds, so I was wondering, would it be a good idea to just use the Powershoks, and save the rest for money to buy some quality hunting pants? Or do I need to expirament with other ammo that may or may not shoot well out of my rifle, and maybeend up absolutely having to shoot the Powershoks as a last resort, and not have much money left for a good quality pair of hunting pants?
I personally am leaning to the first option, but I was wanting to consult you guys, and see if anyone of you had used Federal Powershoks on game, or if you think they're sufficient.

I believe that Federal Powershoks are soft-tipped bullets, correct me if I'mwrong, but aren't they somewhat similar to the Core-Loks?

Thanks,

Josiah