HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - my dog bit my daughter...
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 01:50 AM
kdvollmer

Default RE: my dog bit my daughter...

i agree with txhunt in saying that puppies are like children as far as not sharing well. Puppies, as we should all know, and especially with food have the "what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine" attitude. Children too must learn to respect the dogs boundries. Granted, your daughter is only 1 and doesn't or didn't understand those boundries. That is a lesson sometimes that kids and animals have to learn between themseves.
I have 2 children, and when my son was barely crawling. My Basset Hound snapped at him and and got him pretty good over a rawhide. My hound got a bit of an atitude adjustment. I have NEVER had another problem with him. Both, kids and pets need to learn what they can't do. Now, my hound is superb with both my children, and my daughter is only 5 months.
Just remember, this happened with a puppy. At that age, some firm, ut fair correction may be all tha tis needed. It is too early to be getting rid of a dog, a puppy especially over something like that. If it contiues, then maybe.