HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?
Old 07-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

I don't hunt as much now as I did when I was single. But when I was single I was a BUM! I worked for myself and had a car paid off and not many other expenses. I'd take off as long as I wanted/could afford. I won't see that kind of hunting time again until I retire. I understood that from the start so I played when I could. I still get out now but nowhere near as much asI did before but that's the cost of being the kind of man I want to be. Any relationship should be aboutcompromise andconsideration as well as responsibility. It shouldn't be all your way and it shouldn't be all her way. Hopefully as kids come along they will get involved too and you can blend your two loves family/hunting. I'm teaching my kids how to shoot a bow now and I hope they hunt with me, or at least go stumping/3D shooting. Ask yourself how much time SHOULD you spend hunting and how realistically can you take care of responsibilities with your hunting schedule. I find my wife isn't my biggest restriction; it's my job, house/car repairs/upkeep and the endless projects I want to do with only Saturdays to do them. Also, hopefully,you now have TWO family to tend to and all their events to attend throughout the year so that cuts into your free time too.

PS. I think the engagement period is designed to be trial by fire. It's CRAZY! Things slow down afterwards.