HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where's the challenge when you see deer EVERY DAY?
Old 07-18-2007, 08:34 AM
whitetaildreamer
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Where's the challenge when you see deer EVERY DAY?

I understand what you are saying for the areas up north do not have the deer densities of the south. Some days you may not see anything but others are fast and furious. Part of the excitement is the anticipation of the harvest. I believe that this is where scouting should be taken into account.A large part of the challenge is during scouting. I harvest 2-3 (sometimes more) deer a year but I must say it is due to scouting. What's the challenge if you don't scout? Is it then just dumb luck? In the right general location anyone, on any given day could possible be given the oppertunity to shoot the buck ofa lifetime. Hunting is like that.I know this may anger a few but it has to be said. What challenge is it when someone pays a guide thousands of dollars to set you up on a hunt. He/she places you in a stand over a trail that is frequented by a large buck? Isn't it the challenge finding that spot in the first place? I'm not calling out anyone that uses a guiding service. For some due to their location and personal commitments have to.Harvesting an animal is always a challenge. Hey, I haven't hunted my best spots in years because I'vebeen setting my son up in them. Now that he is old enough and has the experience to set himself up I guess I'll be...no wait...my second son is huntinghis first season this year.I guess I'll be waiting a few more years for my best spots.Perhaps the idea of challenge is to the individual hunter and not to the collective. There are far too many variables to consider.