HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My bass trip to cental florida
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My bass trip to cental florida

Hey folks, just got back from fla. fishing for several weeks and visiting relatives. My brother and I fished Lake Blue Cypress for a day but the water level was so low I had to get out of the boat and push it back to the boat ramp each outing. We just caught a couple 14"ers and trailered towards Lake Miarianne In Kaneanesville. The water level there was also low so we didn't even fish it and then went to Lake Kissimmee where we spent 4 days fishing in some good bass country. First day I latched into about a 7 pounder (plus) useing a gold back rapala and it broke the water and it sounded below the boat with the drag being tested to its maximum perforformance and the bass headed towards the trolling motor and I worked it away as it again sounded and headed towards the rear motor in which I tried to trim and fight one handed and then the bass gave up and I cranked it to the edge of the boat and the huge bass just rolled on its side and I saw the rapala hooked diagonally in its mouth so I went to lip the bass and somewhere between the water and the boat the bass shook and slipped my grasp and line broke and bass gone. [][:@][:'(]It was about a $400.00 fish for big bass and I felt like throwing up and crying but couldn't do either. My brother busted my balls for useing 10lb test line and next time I'll be useing 12 or 15lb. We ended up picking up almost 40lbs of bass there and headed toward Miami fishing about a 300 acrea lake and I got 18lbs of bass and skunked my brother. The biggest bass I got during this bass trip was only 3.7 and my brother got big bass 3.10, nothing to brag about, but I did win most pounds. Which means I have bragging rights for another year.

Bobby