HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - windmills
Thread: windmills
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 05:23 PM
hillbillyhunter1
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: windmills

If they choose to erect windmills within view of your home, would you become a "narrow-minded local", or gracefully accept them?
I would accept and welcome them. I think they are pretty cool actually and can't see how anyone would call them an "abomination". The only thing that MAY be detrimental about them is the view (this also may not be "viewed" as detrimental for some peoples' horizon).

In this age of population and energycrisis, pollution,
andsystematicglobal negligence,it is imparative to utilize alternative sources of energy and what could be cleaner than wind? and more responsible for the stewardship of the planet ??(Something that all outdoorsman should be immediately concerned with, imo).

I realize that although many might be for it "on paper", there are many who say "not in my backyard". Well it's got to go somewhere (preferably where there is wind),and if the most detrimental thing about them stems only from our visual perception, that is, to me. largely insignificant. I love to see them because when I do, it makes me think that somebody is on the right track for a change.