HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Post your jon boat ideas here...please
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 02:48 PM
knifemakerbill
Fork Horn

Default RE: Post your jon boat ideas here...please

chuck-several years and pounds ago, i had a little 10 footer, Mon-Ark, i believe. it was rigged kinda like yours, but wood deck went from bow to front seat. had pedestal seat mounted around front of middle seat, with foot control t/m. back deck went from rear seat to board mounted across transom. had a small 1 1/2 hp sears motor on the back, jacked up because it was a long shaft model. internal tank, and would run all day on 1/2 gal. of gas. finally let someone talk me out of it, but for a whole lot more $ than i had in it!!now i have a little 2 man bass boat by swamp cat. took out one seat and moved the other to around the middle. large, foot control t/m. i mmounted anaerated live box on back. rod racks, anchor , running lights, and plug in q-beam finish it out. depth finder on t/m shaft. just a good one man rig. and it has tires mounted on rear, so it rolls down to the water and back, if i can't get the truck to it. 1500 lb.. winch in bed of S10 truck loads it -just hook up cable and push the button. can't get much easier. i'll have to take a picture of it sometime. good fishing-Bill