HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 01:46 PM
hardcorehunter
Banned

Default Our new bowhunting lodge!!!!!!!!!!

I have wanted a walltent forever and I found this main tent and stovein the classifies for $300!!! I built a vestible onto it and my total cost for it and the front porch and vestiblewas $73. The camo mesh was an additional $34.00.I had to buy stove pipe for it and the cost of it was $37.00. I ran double wall thru the tent just to be safe.I have a total cost of $444 in it. We can now enjoy our out of state big game hunts in comfort with a nice base camp. We also plan on doing an IA whitetail hunt over a 3 day weekend by taking a boat up the river and hunting public land that is basicallyinaccessible except by boat. The vestible will be the cooktent and extra storage area. Here are the dimensions of the tent:
Main tent has 6 poles and it is 18' from one cross pole to the other directly across from it. The sidewalls are 6' tall and the center pole is 10'. I can stand up against the edge inside with my shoulder touching the wall and my head not touching the ceiling. It has a front and back door to it and it also has mesh and solid zippered doors that close.

The vestible is 7' wide by 9' long with see thru mesh to keep out insects.

The porch awningis 7' wide by 9' long as well.

I will build a portable shower enclosure yet too so that solar showers can be taken in privacy.
We love this new home away from home. Here we are in front of our new lodge.