HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nikon Omega Muzzleloader Scopes
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
IL-Cornfed
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nikon Omega Muzzleloader Scopes

I wouldn't be so quick to judge the Nikon Omega scope! As usual, I'm surprised to read some of the opions we collect here on the forums!

I've tested several different scopes on my muzzleloaders and the OMEGA 3-9x40 is certainly one of the finest you'll find, especially for the $$$. Also, it would seem thatseveral are somewhat confused by the principle behind the BDC retricle, it's NOT exactly set up for onlyONE specific load and charge. If you visit their website you will find the owners manual PDF file you can open and read. ThereNikon explains exactly how the BDC easily compenstates for any and all loads you'd like to use.You simply shoot therifle@ 200 yards and then by simply varying the magnification on the scope you'll center the pattern to the circle dotin the retricle and this will simply be you magnification setting for the BDC. Granted, the preset distances at 9x wil just about perfectly cover yourhotter loads as they describe though. This optic is a great buy in my opinion and it's as crystal clear of an optic as you'll find. I'd put it up against dozens of scopes I've used. I like the Omega so much that I recently putit on a T/C Encore Pro Hunter thumbholethat I plan on using this deer season. For comparison my other muzzleloaders are a T/C Omega .50 topped with a Nikon Monarch UCC 2-7x32 and a T/C Pro Hunter topped with a Sworovski 3-10x42