HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 AM
GMMAT
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

I've gotten to where I won't even watch a show that has a dad/son thing going on any more. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them is someone taking their son to "XYZ Ranch" and putting him a box blind in full Realtree regalia.....and then wacing little Johnny take his 4th 140" whitetail.

I'm not jealous. I want nothing like that for my son, and I think it's sending the wrong signal. My wife actually mentioned the same thing to me (dislike for these shows of this kind) a while back.

To me....whether or not I watch a hunting show has EVERYTHING to do with the hosts' personality. There are some of those guys I wouldn't go into the next room to meet or hunt with. Others I try to watch all I can of them.

I mean this with 100% sincerity......1st choice of people to hunt with is....people I like...and like to be around. 2nd choice is.....somebody I might learn something from. 3rd choice would be somebody famous.....for 'whatever' reason.

There's likely people right here in this forum that have more whitetail deer knowledge than most of the yahoos we see on TV. All in all......I see more on TV (hunting-wise) that disappoints me.....than I do that gets my attention ina positive manner. I see more things that I wish I didn't......and I will probably stop watching 90% of them some day.