HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
txjourneyman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunting TV Shows - likes/dislikes?

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

I think the perfect show would be a guy like Tred without the arrogance. He is just so full of himself. I do like how he will show misses and other blown opportunities or even a show with no opportunities. I would like to see a show with a guy, (me?), hunting on public land or an "average" lease. All fair chase, and all bowhunting. Maybe alternate every other week between trad and compound. I would like to see a tips section, and a gear section that is unbiased. Maybe a traveling public land show. State to state, all public.
What turns me off is the televised hunts on private game preserves and ranches that cost eleventy-two thousand dollars to hunt. The average joe will never see places like that or if so its just the high fence he gets to see while driving by.
Last thing is don't show a bad hit and talk about how good a shot a hunter made. If someone puts a bad hit on an animal explain what went wrong and what can be done to insure it doesn't happen again. Also how about following a bloodtrail once in a while. It could be done in an instructional manner. Instead of showing the hunter just walking up to a trophy show him having to work for it, from scouting, hanging stands, making the kill, and recovering the downed animal.
ditto here and tx you just described WKP video "beyond the kill"
Then I may just have to order one!