HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pheasant anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2003, 03:49 PM
nightmare68

Default RE: Pheasant anyone?

Woody there are many ways to feast on pheasant. I say the easiest ways I have found is to boil the birds down and de-bone them. then you can make pheasant noodle soup which is the same as chicken, but with pheasant instead! another good simple recipe is pheasant pot pie. most stores have the pre made pie crust. buy a few of those add pheasnt cut into chunks ( cooked ), vegetables of your choice and pre made gravy ( I prefer to make my own gravy just tastes better.) chicken gravy that is! mix up the bird chunx, vegies,salt and pepper and gravy. place the pie crust in a small, well greased, pyrex or similar container ( single serving size ) trim off the edges, add the mixture, put the other pie crust over top, pinch off the crust so to seal the pie. at this point turn your oven on to 350. take 2 eggs put in bowl and beat well. once beaten well take a cooking brush and brush the egg over the top of the pie crust lightly.then sprinkle parm. cheese on top and bake for 30 minutes or until crust edges are light brown. best served with rice or egg noodles! hope you enjoy let me know how you liked it if you try!