HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..
Old 06-14-2007, 09:01 PM
*Hiker*
Fork Horn

Default RE: Colorado's Pronghorn Draw results are up..

ORIGINAL: Howler

It may have to do with the fact that my buddy only had 3 PP's, and we put in as a group so that we could hunt together. In the past, I have been archery hunting the same area with the OTC archery tags, and my buddy also did one year, BUT there's one buck in particular that we'd like to get and we figured rifle tags would be our best chance of getting him. He's probably only a 12" or 13" buck, but one horn leans forward at about a 45 degree angle.
I've thought about doing a DIY antelope in WY., but since I can get archery OTC close to home, that's what I've stuck to so far. I assume you go to WY. on DIY hunts for antelope? Rifle or archery? Success rate for ya?
I have a freind that owns a couple thousand acres in 105 also, I don't hunt on his place, BUT he has a couple of kids and a few friends that all apply for tags, and they rarely get more than 2, sometimes 3 tags per year. Kind of sucks for him since he owns the land and can't hardly get tags to hunt on it any more.
IMHO, landowners should be assured to get tags to hunt their own land, if they have a stable population of that specific species. They feed them and they should be able to hunt them.

I usually hunt Wyoming each year, DIY sometime public and sometimes I'll hunt a friend's ranch. I haven't hunted with a bow yet for antelope and with a rifle we have always filled our tags. The best areas that are publicare a little harder to draw a buck tag, but many areas have reduced priced doe tags and it's actually cheaper for us to hunt in WY with those reduced priced doe tags as a NR than it is to hunt here in Colorado as a resident. If you apply in March for a buck tag in Wyoming, they have many units that you're guaranteed to draw a buck tag.