HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - i'd appreciate some help
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2003, 12:02 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: i'd appreciate some help

your best bet is maybe the web sites buckmagnet posted and doing some searches on deerhunting and things like that and maybe goto the library and get some books and things like that...also dont be afraid to ask questions here...ask anyhting you can think of...even if it seems stupid we were all in your place at one time or another and know what its like and will gladly help you..as you start learning go out once in a while and see if you can find the rubs and scraps and deer trails that the books and sights been telling you about and things like that...if you can its always nice to find someone that knows there stuff and can actually take oyu out hunting..it made my way into hunting easy being my dad hunted all his life..he taught me all he knows except some of the little secrets that he doesnt want me to know lol and i learn everytime im out and reading books and magazines and sites help still even after taking 4 deer in my life...theres alot of great people here and most will gladly help you...some may live in your area and may take you hunting or scouting to show you how its done...my cousin really doesnt hunt and im just waiting for hte day i can drive and were going to get him his first deer..it will make me happy to pass along the ropes..welcome to the site and stay a while...you can learn alot from us guys that been there and done that! post away!